Tinder sign up takes only around five to eight minutes. Simply provide your mobile number or email address to get a verification message. Upon verification, you should input your name, birthday, gender, and profile picture to finish setting up. Unlike others, it is not necessary to have a Facebook account to signup for Tinder. It is just one of the options that you can use.
You can find your match even without a paid membership. However, you will not be able to try out other functions that will level up your swiping experience if you continue using the free version.
Since signing up is very easy and convenient, you can expect to see some fake profiles. So, be extra careful before swiping that profile to the right.
How to Avoid Fake Profiles and Bots
- Profiles with only one image and little to no bio are either inactive or likely to be fake.
- When you match with someone, never click on external links they send you via messages.
- Feel like you’re talking to a bot rather than a real person? Better move on to the next and just continue your swipe quest.
5 Most Important Tips for Profile Pictures
- Upload at least four (4) to five (5) pictures. It assures your profile visitor that you are not a fake.
- Include some variety in those pictures. Use a portrait, a full body shot, and pictures that show you during your favorite activities and hobbies. Photos that tell a story are great conversation starters.
- Ditch the filters. Dog ears aren’t cute and you don’t have porcelain skin and manga eyes.
- Avoid posting pictures where you wear sunglasses. Your eyes express who you are. They should be visible in your pictures.
- Only upload quality images. Avoid blurry images and bad lighting. Always pay attention to the background of your photos.
- Select “more” if your gender preference is not available among the initial choices and then type the word that best describes it
- You cannot change your name or age on Tinder unless you registered via Facebook (you can change your details there)
- You can add an anthem to your profile with Spotify
- You can add, delete, or rearrange the pictures on your profile
- The “Smart Photo Feature” allows you to upload at least three photos, and let Tinder choose the best picture that will most likely attract other members
- Add more information about yourself in your bio section to attract more members
Aside from the interesting and well-designed profile layout, Tinder lets you have the option of adding music and photos to make your profile more attractive. You may even connect your Instagram (IG) account to help your prospect date see more about you, and eventually follow you. This goes the same with Snapchat, where your cute pictures and filters show more of your personality.
Tinder also allows you to connect to Spotify (even if you don’t have an account) to show your kind of music to your profile viewers. Choose the music that would define your profile and you.
You may also opt to just have a low profile and add little information about yourself. However, it may help increase your chances of getting “right swipes” if you will add a little bit more profile information.
What’s also probably good about this dating platform is that it supports the members of the LGBTQ+. It gives them the option of choosing the most suitable word that will best define their sexual orientation.
Upon further research, we found out that some profile might be suspended for not being active for a period of time. If you wish to keep your profile, you might opt to check it every now to avoid inconvenience.